Highlights from LG Energy Solutions recent roadmap presented at South Korea’s “Battery Day 2021”
Here are some highlights from LG Energy Solutions recent roadmap presented at South Korea’s “Battery Day 2021”
LG Energy Solutions EV, revealed
- Goal to be the top EV battery manufacturer by increasing sales to $27 billion by 2024-260GWh production capacity by 2023 (world’s highest battery production capacity)
- Introduce high-nickel NCMA batteries with 80% nickel content and silicon-based anode materials for large and full-sized luxury EV’s
- Medium-sized EV’s batteries will contain at least 65% nickel content.
- Target small electric vehicles with cathode materials that are 10 to 20% cheaper
- Introduce dry electrode manufacturing starting from 2023.
- Commercialize lithium-sulfur (LiS) by the end of 2025 ( both electric flight & EV’s)
- All-solid-state batteries sometime between 2025 and 2027.
- Development of sulfur-based all-solid-state battery and high-polymer all-solid-state battery technologies at the same time.